Your mold remediation specialists

Immediate Emergency Service

888-583-6653 (MOLD)

Service Area

See Tahoe Mold and Water's complete service area Serving Lake Tahoe and the surrounding area ›

Contact Tahoe Mold and Water

Sign up for our eNewsletter

Download Home Inspection Guide

Connect with us:

Protecting your home and your family by eliminating mold and moisture

Mold begins with a moisture problem. So your mold problem isn’t solved until your moisture problem is solved. Mold can hide and thrive between walls, behind paneling, in carpet, above ceiling tiles and in any other damp location. Some mold can produce toxic substances called mycotoxins. “60 Minutes,” The New York Times, “Nova” and other media outlets have extensively reported on the health effects of mold. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency notes that mold can cause a variety of health problems, including:

  • Allergic reaction
  • Asthma
  • Irritation
  • Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis (though uncommon)

Learn more about mold and where it hides on our Articles page.

At Tahoe Mold and Water, we specialize in mold remediation. We understand your concern about property damage and health risks. We quickly and thoroughly inspect your property to find the mold — and the moisture source. Then we carry out the steps necessary to correct the problem and return your property to a safe, healthy condition. Proper containment, sanitation and the use of specialized equipment (such as the use of air scrubbers and/or soda blasting) are important, because mold spores can contaminate other areas not previously affected. We back our mold remediation work with a two-year warranty — if the mold returns, so do we.

What exactly is mold?

Mold is a term describing a range of multi-celled fungi. (A single-celled fungi is a yeast.) Mold survives indoors or outdoors by digesting organic materials such as wood and plant debris. Molds produce tiny spores to reproduce. If a spore lands on a damp spot, it may begin to grow and digest the host material. Most molds are harmless to people, but a few can be harmful (or toxic).

Learn more about mold on our Articles page.