What does remediation mean? Remediation is a term used in building and construction industries. It means removal of contaminants like mold from a host material (such as soil, water, walls, wood, etc.) in order to protect health and property.
Immediate Emergency Service
Service AreaServing Lake Tahoe and the surrounding area ›
Connect with us:
Equipping you with knowledge, so you’re sure the job’s done right
At Tahoe Mold and Water, we strive to be a resource for homeowners, real estate agents, insurers and others who help people find, build or maintain the home they want.
You or your clients may be investing a few hundred dollars in a repair — or a few hundred thousand dollars in a dream home. In either case, we understand how important it is to do the job right. You want a safe, healthy, attractive home.
To ensure the job’s done right, we equip our customers with facts and information. We make it a priority to make sure you know what’s going on with your home. Armed with information, you can make smart, effective decisions that you’ll feel comfortable with for years down the road. That’s why we provide resources for:
- Insurers, who can find information about our philosophy of mold and water removal and home repair.
- Realtors and real estate agents, who can learn about laws related to mold disclosure and liability.
- Homeowners, who can find tips to keep your home safe, dry and mold-free.
- Contractors, who can find tips about building sciences and preventing mold.
- Radon testing: The National Cancer Institute reports that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
- Radon mitigation: The U.S. EPA says some radon reduction systems can reduce levels in your home by up to 99 percent.
- Lead safety: Be sure your contractor is certified as a lead-safe renovator.